Kinder Scout – Climbing, Hiking & Mountaineering
- Elevation: 636 m
- Difficulty: Walk up
- Best months to climb: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Convenient center: Hayfield or Edale
Kinder Scout Climbing Notes
Ian Boys from UNITED KINGDOM writes:
Easiest way up is from Hayfield Campsite following the pack horse trail up to Edale Cross - gentle gradient and paved at lower levels and leads up to a good nexus of paths that can take you over to Edale or across the southern and western ends of the plateau.
- Weather (esp cloud base) changes VERY quickly on Kinder. A clear sky can become low cloud incredibly fast. If the cloud base starts dropping and you're not intimately familiar with the area, start heading downhill ASAP.
- Take more water than you think you'll need.
- Next to no cover at all on the plateau. One or two overhanging rocks, everywhere exposed to wind.
Click here to read 1 more climbing note for Kinder Scout or submit your own
Select Kinder Scout Location Map Detail:
Use this relief map to navigate to mountain peaks in the area of Kinder Scout.
10 other mountain peaks closest to Kinder Scout: