Please submit any useful information about climbing Mount Kinabalu that may be useful to other climbers. Consider things such as access and accommodation at the base of Mount Kinabalu, as well as the logistics of climbing to the summit.
1. Walking stick (never to underestimate its usefulness, regardless of your fitness level)
2. Long johns. Very helpful to have them around when the wind started to howl at 30-40km/hr up there followed by gushing rains.
3. If possible, avoid other accommodations than Laban Rata. We bunked at Waras Hut, but the bad weather made us to be not-so-waras when it got extremely cold (waras = sane).
4. Consume lots of honey prior to your climb to warmth your body.
5. If u use a porter's service, be close to them. Waited almost 3 hours in wet clothing for my porter to arrive, since he was also our sweeper.
6. Get the patch body warmer sold in stores. It helps. buy lots of it. Your friends will thank you for this.
7. Waterproof pants, jackets, gloves. Important!